Jan 29 2011
Bachelor of Computer Science – Minor in Psychology (Highest Honours)
Master of Computer Science
Supervisor: Robert Biddle
Email: rjp [dot] wilson (at) gmail [dot] com
It was a great honour to work in Dr. Biddle’s lab during my stay at Carleton. I was privileged to participate in numerous research contracts, workshops, and conferences where I became interested in developing applications for large surface displays. The challenge of rapid iteration in this space drew me into modern web development and an exploration of frameworks and tools that support real-time co-located and remote collaboration as well as interactive visualization. My master’s thesis drew on the experience of developing a collaborative web-based intelligence analysis tool produced under contract for the Canadian government.
- Judith M. Brown, Jeff Wilson, Stevenson Gossage, Chris Hack, and Robert Biddle. Surface Computing and Collaborative Analysis Work. Synthesis Lectures on Human-Centered Informatics. Morgan & Claypool, 2013.
- Judith M. Brown, Jeff Wilson, and Robert Biddle. A Study of an Intelligence Analysis Team and their Collaborative Artifacts. School of Computer Science Technical Report TR-14-04, Carleton Uni., 2014.
- Jeff Wilson, Judith M. Brown, Robert Biddle. Interactive Parallel Coordinates for Collaborative Intelligence Analysis. School of Computer Science Technical ReportTR-14-05, Carleton Uni., 2014.
- Jeff Wilson, Judith M. Brown, and Robert Biddle. ACH Walkthrough: A Distributed Multi-Device Tool for Collaborative Security Analysis. In Proceedings of the 2014 ACM Workshop on Security Information Workers, SIW ’14, pages 9–16, New York, NY, USA, 2014. ACM.
- Jeff Wilson, Judith M Brown, and Robert Biddle. Distributed Data and Displays via SVG and HTML5. In Workshop on Distributed User Interfaces @ the 5th ACM SIGCHI Symposium on Engineering Interactive Computing Systems, pages 67–70, 2013.
I am currently wrapping up a volunteer project overhauling the CNTHA‘s website and its underlying infrastructure with the goal of improving its usability, stability, security, and performance. I will be writing about this work on the site itself as well as on my github page. I am interested in research and development opportunities in full stack web development, secure and scalable infrastructure, and innovative user interaction.